Wednesday 17 August 2011

Visiting Teaching - August 2011

This months visiting teachers is entitled
A Society of Holy Women.

It is a lovely message,
My favorite part is found in the From Our History section.
It is what I have based my idea for this month on.

It reads:
Speaking to the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo, the Prophet Joseph emphasized holiness, 
explaining that as sisters became pure and holy, they would have a marked influence upon the world. 
He explained: “Meekness, love, purity—these are the things that should magnify you. … 
This Society … shall have power to command queens in their midst. … 
The kings and queens of the earth will come unto Zion, and pay their respects.” 
Relief Society sisters living their covenants command the respect not only of noble people,
but “if you live up to your privileges,” Joseph promised the sisters, 
“the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates.”

What a fabulous blessing we can have when we magnify our calling as women.
Below is the handout I prepared to help remind my Sisters of the importance of this message.


I have picked out some of the main points in the message and found little gifts to go along with them.
They are:
  • Holy- A Iced Doughnut (must be a ring doughnut)
  • Purity - A Box of Stain Remover 
  • Meek - I picked Gypsophila, as it is such a soft little flower but makes all the difference to any arrangement
  • Love - A Pack of Love Hearts
  • Magnify - A magnifying glass
  • Queens - A Little Tiara (4 for under 87p at Wilkinson's)
  • Respect - I found a fabulous talk and made it into a scroll. (found here:
  • Angels - A little angel pin (from Birthdays - 75pon sale) Though any angel decoration would work.
This is accompanied by a copy of the extract noted above.
You can find my handout here:

I finished it with a wooden heart tag stamped with the initials of the Sisters I visit.
I hope you have a lovely visit this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment